By About Home
Are your carpets creeping you out? Well, don't worry! You can easily and effectively combat spots, stains, odors, and more with green carpet cleaners! They don't have scary toxic and harmful chemicals like their conventional counterparts do, so you won't feel like you're treading on chemicals instead of your carpet.
In addition to some do-it-yourself techniques, which use things such as vinegar, baking soda, and castile soap, why not try one of these ready-made, earth friendly and safe products? They leave you with fresh-smelling, soft, clean carpets that will make any spot, stain, or smell seem like a distant memory. Plus, some of them do triple duty as upholstery and clothing spot-treaters and odor-removers, too!
1. Arm & Hammer Baking Soda: This old-time favorite is a fantastic, all-natural green cleaner that you can use to easily clean and deodorize your carpets. Simply shake it on, let it sit for as long as you like, and thoroughly vacuum it away!
2. Begley's Household Stain & Odor Remover: Leave it to Ed Begley, Jr., actor, author, and environmentalist, for putting together this non-toxic, natural cleaner containing an uplifting medley of aromatherapeutic essential oils, enzymes, and plant-based, sustainable ingredients that will clean not only carpets and upholstery, but hard surfaces, too! Use it confidently to remove tough pet stains, smoke odors, and more.
3. Better Life Natural Stain & Odor Eliminator: Combat pet "oops! moments," nasty food stains, and horrendous odors with this effective and powerful botanical deodorizer that can be used on carpet, laundry, sports gear, furniture, and more! It's also effective at removing tough stains like blood.
4. Biokleen Carpet & Rug Shampoo: This plant-based cleaner with enzymes powers through dirt on your carpets, but yet is gentle on carpet pads and backings and won't leave any harsh residues behind. It can be used in any type of carpet cleaner for an eco-clean carpet! Because it's 3x concentrated, it reduces wasteful packaging and saves valuable resources like energy and fuel.
5. Citra Solv Natural Cleaner & Degreaser Concentrate: This eco-friendly concentrate with an uplifting lavender-bergamot scent is great for adding to carpet cleaning machines as a "shampoo" when you need to thoroughly clean your carpets and cut through grime, oil, dirt, and more! It's also great on upholstery and has many other uses as well. Plus, it's available in many different sizes.
6. Earth Friendly Products Concentrated Carpet Shampoo: Tred more gently on the earth, but don't worry about being too hard on your carpets, because this ecologically sound cleaner with a bergamot and sage scent contains powerful plant-based, replenishable ingredients that will remove the toughest dirt, grime, and odors! It's intended for use in hot or cold-water extraction machines with enough product to clean up to 8 rooms in your home.
7. Simple Green Naturals Carpet Care
Cleaning your rugs is a simple and green affair when you spray them with this earth friendly cleaner. It works on colorfast upholstery and fabrics, too! It's 100% naturally sourced, biodegradable formula, which is Green Seal certified, contains plant-based ingredients, minerals, and a non-chlorine oxidizing agent that breaks down and oxidizes proteins such as food spills, vomit and pet mishaps.